The Law Office of Dorna Taylor (also known as Taylor and Associates LLC, to be hereafter referred to as “the Firm”) is a law firm that is duly organized under the laws of the State of Georgia, with principal office address at 3555 Lenox Road NE Suite 750 Atlanta, Georgia 30326.
The Firm respects your privacy and recognizes the need for appropriate measures to protect and manage your personal data. This Privacy Statement aims to assure our clients and other individuals that we are observing the appropriate level of personal data protection in compliance with the standards prescribed by the state and federal laws on data privacy and the use of information.
We recognize that you may be concerned about our use and disclosure of your personal information. Your privacy is very important to us, and the following will inform you of the information that the Firm may collect from you, and how it is used. By using our website, www.dornataylor.com, you are accepting the practices described in this policy.
Personal Information to be Collected
The following personal information are collected from our clients:
- Personal contact information which includes your name, address, email address, phone number, or any other information that would allow the Firm to contact you;
- Demographic information which includes your gender, date of birth, age, civil status, nationality, etc.;
- Non-personal information such as those provided by your device which may include your IP address, geolocation, operating system, browser type and version, and other machine identifiers, etc.; and
- Other legal and personal concerns that you referred to us for opinion, resolution, establishment of your claim, or defense of your rights.
Your personal information may be collected, directly or indirectly, through any of the following means:
- Forms, agreements and other similar or related documents you submitted;
- Use and log-in to the Firm’s website when you choose to fill out a ‘Contact Us’ form;
- During availment of the Firm’s services;
- Communications and correspondences with our lawyers, whether in writing, verbally, or thru electronic means; and
- Personal Information may also be obtained from third parties and other sources which have obtained your prior consent for disclosure or when the Firm is legally allowed to acquire such information.
Purpose and Use of Collected Personal Information
Your personal information is collected by the Firm for the following purposes:
- To perform our obligations under our engagement agreement;
- To assist you in all your legal concerns;
- To inform you about the activities, projects, programs of the Firm; and
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements and perform such other processing that may be required under any applicable law or regulation.
In the course of performing its services and responsibilities, the Firm may engage the services of third-party service providers. In doing so, certain personal information is required to be disclosed for legitimate business concerns and as may be necessary to provide you with our services. We will never share, sell or otherwise disclose your personal information to third-parties, except as otherwise stated above or unless otherwise permitted under the state and federal laws on data privacy.
Storage and Transmission of Personal Information
Organizational, physical and technical security measures are maintained, enforced and implemented at all times to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and security of your personal information.
The security measures of the Firm include, but are not limited to the following:
- The processing of personal information is limited to the extent necessary to deliver the services offered and/or made available by the Firm;
- Our server is equipped with firewall, data encryption, anti-virus, and other appropriate security controls;
- Access to personal information is restricted to authorized personnel on a need-to-know basis;
- Regular audits are conducted to ensure that personal information is secured and security controls are effective;
- The security systems are kept up to date; and
- The personnel are regularly oriented regarding the appropriate level of data privacy protection.
Method of Use
Your personal information may be used as is or further processed solely for the purpose of performing our obligations and responsibilities to our clients.
Your personal information will be retained by the Firm until it is no longer necessary for the fulfillment of the purpose/s for which it was obtained. However, please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online, that information can be collected and used by others. If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
This Website may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
By using this Website, you consent to the collection and use of information as specified above. the Firm hereby reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement to comply with state and federal regulatory requirements, to adapt to new technologies, to align with industry practices, or for other legitimate purposes. We highly encourage our users to review this page frequently to have a better understanding and to remain up-to-date with the information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we disclose it.